I'm keeping it simple this morning. I love a good coffee shop. I would spend my last dollar on coffee. But, we all have to make sacrifices, don't we? Did you know you can make a rich, frothy mocha at home? Without a cappuccino maker or other fancy machine? I've done this since high school, but as my tastes have improved, so have my mochas.
- coffee, brewed strong
- "milk" (whatever you like to use will work, but you do need a little bit, if you want foam)
- good quality hot cocoa mix (I use Equal Exchange)
- a blender
- sweetener to taste (I use natural cane sugar, agave works too)
- Pour your desired amount of coffee in your blender. You made it strong, right? (Leave plenty of room. Hot stuff expands!)
- Add hot cocoa mix, according to the label. (Just like making hot cocoa.)
- Add at least 1T of "milk" per cup of coffee
- Sweeten to taste (You can skip this part if your cocoa mix is sweet. I think everything is better with a little sugar. Even coffee and chocolate)
What can you make? Do share it with the class. Link up your posts here. Be sure to visit some other posts, and if you please, grab a button.